Sensitive skin is usually referred to as a single skin type, but anyone that actually has it will know that things aren’t quite this simple. Instead, sensitivities tend to fall on a spectrum – some may be able to tolerate everything other than the most common irritants, such as fragrances, whereas others may find that numerous ingredients trigger redness and irritation.
This makes shopping for new anti-aging products pretty tricky – you may find that some formulas designed for sensitive skin still cause a reaction, while a gentle cream made for all skin types could suit your skin well.
Unfortunately, there’s always going to be a small amount of trial and error involved. However, this doesn’t mean slapping on random products and hoping for the best. Instead, you’ll need to learn about different anti-aging ingredients and read reviews of various products to narrow down your many options – this hugely increases your odds of finding the perfect wrinkle cream the first time around.
Fortunately, you’re in the right place to get started with that. Scroll on to find out more about 10 anti-aging creams that have been proven to work wonders on sensitive skin.
|Editor's Choice||#2nd Best Choice||#3rd Best Choice|
LifeCell All-In-One Treatment
#2nd Best Choice
XYZ Smart Collagen
#3rd Best Choice
- Best Treatment for Fine Lines, Wrinkles & Dark Spots: LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
- Top Rated Face Moisturizer for Boosting Hydration & Firmness: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
- Best Formula for Deep Wrinkles on the Face & Neck: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream
- Best Affordable Drugstore Anti-Aging Cream for Women: Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream
- Best Serum to Use for Improving Elasticity: Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum
- Best Natural, Fragrance-Free Formula for Calming Inflammation + Anti-Aging Benefits: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol
- Best Skincare Product for Boosting Collagen Production: Senté Dermal Contour Pressed Serum
- Best Product for Treating Fine Lines & Crow Feet Around the Eyes: SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex
- Best Age Defying SPF Cream: CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream with Sunscreen
- Best Product for Wrinkle-Reducing Results on Dry Skin: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
- What is the Best Wrinkle Cream on the Market?
- Q: Which anti-aging cream is best for sensitive skin?
- Q: Is retinol suitable for sensitive skin?
- Q: How do you treat sensitive aging skin?
- Q: What anti-aging creams do dermatologists recommend?
- Q: What is the best wrinkle cream that works?
- Q: According to Amazon reviews, which is the best cream for forehead wrinkles?
- Q: Are lotion products good for wrinkles?
Best Treatment for Fine Lines, Wrinkles & Dark Spots: LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
Wrinkles often go hand-in-hand with dark spots – both are common signs of aging. That’s why we love the LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment – not only will it firm up your skin to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, but it’ll also lighten hyperpigmentation and brighten your overall complexion. Even better, its effects are gratifyingly instant – give it a try and you’ll soon be as hooked as we are!
Key Ingredients: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, DMAE, Hyaluronic Acid
This product’s ingredient list may sound potent, but don’t be afraid – this dermatologist-tested formula is safe for all skin types. It’s free of fragrances, parabens, and other irritants, but it’s packed with vitamins, peptides, and antioxidant-rich botanicals.
Vitamins A and C are two of the most revered anti-aging ingredients out there, and you’ll find two forms of each in this treatment. DMAE helps to boost elasticity and tighten sagging skin , and most people with sensitive skin can tolerate it without any problems. This is helped by the fact that this cream contains several ingredients that fortify and hydrate the skin barrier, which soothes sensitivities. Hyaluronic acid, shea butter, and peptides are our favorites, but there are plenty of others too!
- Safe for use on all skin types, with reviews showing that sensitive skin tolerates it well
- A great formula for tightening the skin, reducing wrinkles, and brightening the complexion
- Offers both instant and long-term results
- Free of irritants – fragrance-free and paraben-free
- A little costlier than some of the other anti-aging creams on this list (but completely worth it for one of the best wrinkle creams out there!)
Top Rated Face Moisturizer for Boosting Hydration & Firmness: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
If hydration is what your sensitive skin needs but you’d also like to tackle the loss of firmness at the same time, then give the Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream a try. This rich formula hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours, leaving it feeling soothed and nourished. At the same time, it’ll also help with smoothing wrinkles, firming the skin, and balancing an uneven skin tone.
Key Ingredients: Peptides & Vitamin B3
Sensitive skin often can’t tolerate too many active ingredients in one go, so we love that this cream focuses on just two. A peptide complex is the first, with these peptides consisting of the very same amino acids that your skin needs to boost collagen production. The result? Firm and supple skin.
Vitamin B3, aka niacinamide, is the second star of the show. This antioxidant is commonly used to diminish dark spots, but it’s a great ingredient for smoothing fine lines too.
- Hydrates the skin for 24 hours, while also helping to minimize wrinkles and fade dark spots
- Has a rich and creamy texture that feels decadently soothing, especially on sensitive and dry skin
- Contains a few irritants that could potentially trigger sensitivities
Best Formula for Deep Wrinkles on the Face & Neck: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream
If you find that most over-the-counter products aren’t potent enough to touch your deep lines, then your next step should be the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream. Clinically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles after 12 weeks of regular use, this deep wrinkle night cream is a go-to for those who want a product powerful enough to soften deep creases while being gentle enough for daily use, even on sensitive skin.
Key Ingredients: RoC® Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Squalane & Shea Butter
The main superstar ingredient in this deep wrinkle night cream is the pure RoC® Retinol. It’s a patented complex that has been clinically proven to be more effective than regular retinol – it’s almost as good as prescription products, yet without the side effects!
You’ll notice glycolic acid on this wrinkle cream’s ingredient list, but don’t let that put you off. Although this is the most powerful of the alpha hydroxy acids, it’s only used in a small concentration. Its purpose in this cream is to prevent the build-up of dead skin cells, which keeps the skin tone bright and radiant. Plus, the addition of squalane and shea butter gives this cream moisturizing and calming benefits, which will help sensitive skin quickly adapt to the other ingredients in the formula.
- Formulated with a patented form of retinol that can’t be found elsewhere
- Minimizes wrinkles while promoting cell renewal and moisturizing the skin
- Ideal for oily skin that’s also sensitive
- Contains a few ingredients that could possibly exacerbate sensitivities
Best Affordable Drugstore Anti-Aging Cream for Women: Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream
If you’re looking for a wrinkle cream that’s affordable and widely available, yet won’t cause your sensitive skin to go into overdrive, check out the Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream. This is another product that contains exclusive patented ingredients, which come together to smooth the skin’s texture in just one day, followed by deep wrinkles diminishing after a month.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Sodium Hyaluronate & Glycerin
When it comes to retinol, Neutrogena has over 100 clinical studies under its belt. All of this cosmetic and clinical research has enabled the brand to craft wrinkle creams that deliver retinol in a way that’s gentle on the skin.
In this formula, retinol has been combined with sodium hyaluronate (the salt form of hyaluronic acid) and glycerin. Both are humectants that give the skin instant plumpness and radiance while improving moisture levels in the long run.
- Provides a retinol formula that’s gentle on the skin
- Targets fine lines and wrinkles to make the skin smoother
- An affordable formula that can be easily purchased at your local drugstore
- Contains fragrance (but it smells gorgeous, and reviews show that people with sensitive skin don’t seem to react to it)
Best Serum to Use for Improving Elasticity: Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum
Even the best anti-aging creams out there can be made even better with the use of a good serum. For this, we’d recommend the Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum. Consumer testing shows that 92% of people experience smoother skin after just 10 days of using the product, and it also helps with hydration and radiance too.
Key Ingredients: Peptides, Retinoid & Hyaluronic Acid
There are three main components to this formula, with the first being an exclusive peptide complex. This helps to stimulate collagen production to put a stop to wrinkle formation.
Next up, we have a potent retinoid. Its purpose is to enhance cell renewal to encourage a brighter appearance. This is combined with hyaluronic acid, a must-have in any anti-aging skincare routine. It provides instant plumpness and luminosity to skin cells while helping with long-term hydration.
- This formula is fragrance-free and oil-free – it won’t clog pores and it shouldn’t irritate your skin either
- Reduces wrinkles, improves radiance and brightness, and hydrates the skin
- Although it has been allergy-tested, this product has quite a long ingredient list. This increases the chances of hyper-sensitive skin reacting to one of the ingredients
Best Natural, Fragrance-Free Formula for Calming Inflammation + Anti-Aging Benefits: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol
Many people who experience sensitivities from synthetic ingredients choose to go down the natural route when it comes to anti-aging creams. If you can relate, turn your attention to the Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol. All of its active ingredients are plant-derived, and they come together to deeply hydrate the skin while strengthening the skin barrier and reducing fine lines.
Key Ingredients: Bakuchiol, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane
If your skin doesn’t tolerate retinol, then bakuchiol would be a worthy alternative to try. This ingredient is often touted as a natural alternative to retinol because of how it provides the same anti-aging and brightening results , yet without the side effects.
Ceramides are a key factor in this formula too. They offer intense hydration , especially when combined with humectants, such as hyaluronic acid. Squalane helps to moisturize the skin as well, while also providing antioxidant properties that repair free radical damage to keep collagen production at a high.
- Full of natural ingredients that have been sustainably harvested
- Feels weightless on the skin but gives it a matte finish
- Gentle enough to be used daily on sensitive skin
- Some people find the smell to be a little strange, but we appreciate that it doesn’t contain added fragrance
Best Skincare Product for Boosting Collagen Production: Senté Dermal Contour Pressed Serum
If you’re searching for anti-aging creams that target the loss of elasticity and firmness while also repairing damage and soothing inflammation, then feast your eyes on the Sente Dermal Contour Pressed Serum. A hybrid of a cream and a serum, this unique formula contains one-of-a-kind ingredients that firm, tighten, and brighten the skin.
Key Ingredients: Patented Molecules, Niacinamide & Peptides
There are a few ingredients in this product that you may not recognize, such as heparan sulfate analog, dermatan sulfate analog, and chrondoitin sulfate analog. These are all molecules that have been patented by the brand. They reduce inflammation, promote skin repair, and help to smooth and firm the skin.
This formula also contains niacinamide to strengthen the skin barrier, along with peptides to boost collagen production.
- Feels as hydrating as a cream yet is much lighter in texture
- One of the best anti-aging creams for sensitive skin because of how it tackles inflammation and damage while also slowing down the aging process
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, hypoallergenic, and tested by a board-certified dermatologist
- Some people with severely dry skin find that this product isn’t thick enough to thoroughly moisturize flaky patches
Best Product for Treating Fine Lines & Crow Feet Around the Eyes: SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex
The eye area is already more sensitive than the skin on the rest of the face, meaning that those with a sensitive skin type often really struggle with finding products to use here. That’s what makes the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex such a hit – it’s super-hydrating yet also combats common eye area concerns, including dark circles, puffiness, dryness, and dullness.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Vitamin E & Peptides
Caffeine is the perfect ingredient for an eye cream because of how it constricts blood vessels to immediately reduce puffiness and swelling. If you struggle with allergies, this cream will give your eye area a perkier and more radiant finish.
You’ll find vitamin E in this formula too, an antioxidant that soothes and moisturizes the skin. Peptides do similar, while also boosting collagen production to leave the delicate skin around the eyes looking firmer, smoother, and tighter.
- Targets the fragile skin around the eyes
- Helps with fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness
- Contains parabens and a couple of other ingredients that could exacerbate sensitivities
Best Age Defying SPF Cream: CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream with Sunscreen
Sun damage is a danger to everyone, but it takes its toll even more on skin that’s already sensitive and fragile. So, to keep your skin protected from the aging effects of UV rays, slather your face with the CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream with Sunscreen. This SPF 30 cream not only provides a broad-spectrum UV shield for your skin but also offers up intense hydrating and firming benefits.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Ceramides & Hyaluronic Acid
There are a few main active ingredients that contribute to this cream’s anti-aging effects. The first is retinol in encapsulated form. This slowly releases the ingredient into the skin, enabling people with sensitivities to better tolerate it.
The multiple ceramides in this formula help to firm and tighten crepey skin, while the hyaluronic acid immediately hydrates and plumps the skin. It’s also very effective at brightening skin tone.
- Provides broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection, which will keep your skin safe from the sun
- Keeps the skin hydrated while also offering firming and smoothing benefits
- A very affordable formula
- The chemical UV filters could trigger sensitivities
- SPF 30 may not be enough for skin that’s ultra-sensitive
Best Product for Wrinkle-Reducing Results on Dry Skin: Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
Dry skin needs extra moisture and hydration, which the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream is fantastic at providing. Although this cream feels lightweight in texture, it’s jam-packed with moisture-boosting ingredients that will also help to diminish those wrinkles.
Key Ingredients: Botanical Oils & Ceramides
You’ll find six African oils in this formula, each one chosen for its ability to deeply moisturize the skin. They also have a high antioxidant content, making them great for repairing damage and pausing the aging process.
Ceramides make an appearance in this formula too. They add to the product’s hydrating prowess, while also contributing to smoother-looking skin.
- Has a velvety but lightweight texture that absorbs into the skin quickly
- Doesn’t contain any irritants
- Hydrates the skin while also helping to eradicate fine lines and wrinkles
- May clog pores if you have an oily skin type
What is the Best Wrinkle Cream on the Market?
When it comes down to it, the best wrinkle cream for sensitive skin will be one that has been formulated to tackle the specific skin concerns that you’re facing. More often than not, this will be dictated by your age:
Choosing the Best Anti-Aging Face Cream for 30s
In your 30s, you need products that focus on prevention. In addition to applying hydrating creams that are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, invest in a good anti-aging serum too. Regularly exfoliating with alpha hydroxy acids is important as well.
Choosing the Best Anti-Aging Face Cream for 40s
Wrinkles become more prominent once a person hits their 40s, so look for products that contain retinol. Peptides and ceramides are also useful for thickening the skin barrier.
Choosing the Best Anti-Aging Day Cream for 50s
Thinning skin becomes a battle when a person reaches their 50s, so look for active ingredients that will help to firm and thicken your skin back up. Peptides, ceramides, squalane, and hyaluronic acid are all great for this.
Choosing the Best Anti-Aging Cream for Over 60s
You need products that are intensely nourishing in your 60s. In addition to looking for all of the active ingredients mentioned above, choose formulas that contain rich plant butter and oils too.
Q: Which anti-aging cream is best for sensitive skin?
You’ll find several anti-aging creams on this page that are great for sensitive skin.
Q: Is retinol suitable for sensitive skin?
Some people with sensitivities can tolerate retinol without a problem, while others find that it exacerbates their problems. Encapsulated retinol tends to be gentler. You could also opt for a milder derivative, such as retinyl palmitate.
Q: How do you treat sensitive aging skin?
To treat sensitive aging skin, make sure that it’s always moisturized and hydrated. Nourish it with vitamins and botanicals as much as possible too.
Q: What anti-aging creams do dermatologists recommend?
Dermatologists recommend anti-aging creams that contain proven ingredients, such as peptides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C.
Q: What is the best wrinkle cream that works?
All of the 10 wrinkle creams that we’ve featured on this page have been clinically proven to work.
Q: According to Amazon reviews, which is the best cream for forehead wrinkles?
All of the products that we’ve featured on this page have amazing 5-star Amazon reviews to back them up.
Q: Are lotion products good for wrinkles?
Lotions are good for wrinkles if you have oily or combination skin. However, those with dry skin may find that a lotion isn’t hydrating enough.
Treating skin aging while also dealing with sensitivities isn’t easy, but, hopefully, the 10 products on this list have given you a solid starting point in your search for the perfect wrinkle cream. Pick the product that best targets your skin concerns and use it regularly – you should start to see improvements in just a few days, with these becoming even more impressive after a couple of months.