People are becoming increasingly conscious about the ingredients that they put onto their skin, making it no surprise that vegan skincare has been soaring in popularity. These formulas are created without the use of any animal byproducts whatsoever, and in an era where skincare brands are trying to be as eco-conscious as possible, more and more companies are now jumping onto the vegan and cruelty-free bandwagon.
For consumers, this is both good and bad. While having so many more vegan products to choose from is an obvious advantage, there’s also no denying the fact that all of those options can make it difficult to determine which are the very best vegan anti-aging skin care formulas.
Fortunately, we’re here to do that job for you. Whether you’re following a plant-based lifestyle or you’d simply like to make your self care routine a little more cruelty-free, here are 10 of the most effective vegan anti-aging products available.
|Editor's Choice||#2nd Best Choice||#3rd Best Choice|
LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
#2nd Best Choice
Caudalie Firming Cashmere Cream
#3rd Best Choice
The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Age Renewal Face Cream
- Best Overall Cruelty-Free Anti-Aging Skin Care Formula: LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
- Best Vegan Wrinkle Cream for Hydrating & Collagen-Boosting Results: Caudalie Firming Cashmere Cream
- Best Vegan Beauty Product Made From Plant Extracts: The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Age Renewal Face Cream
- Top Plant-Based Moisture Cream With SPF Ingredients: Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer SPF30
- Best Vegan Formula for Fighting Wrinkles & Treating Dark Spots: New Nordic Natural Magic Anti-Ageing Cream
- Best Vegan Skincare for Sensitive Skin: Optimum Retinol Day Cream
- Most Affordable Vitamin C Formula for All Skin Types: Garnier Organic Rosy Glow 3in1 Youth Cream
- Best Vegan Skin Care Routine Product With Hyaluronic Acid & Antioxidants: Verso Daily Facial Fluid
- Best Vegan Cream to Wear Under Makeup: Weleda Evening Primrose Skin Revitalising Day Cream
- Best Skincare Line for Addressing Excess Oil Production: Dr Botanicals Juniper Berry Oil and Strawberry Day Moisturiser
- Q: Which natural product is best for anti-aging?
- Q: Who has the best anti-aging skincare line?
- Q: Is vegan skincare better for your skin?
- Q: How can I get anti-aging naturally?
- Q: How can I stop aging so fast?
- Q: What are the benefits of using vegan products?
- Q: Are vegan products good for your skin?
- Q: How do I start a whole skin care routine?
- Q: What is the number 1 dermatologist-recommended skin care brand?
- Q: At what age should you start using anti-aging cream?
- Q: How do you start an anti-aging routine?
- Q: What is a good vegan body care set?
- Q: What is a good vegan skin care set?
- Q: What are the best vegan skincare brands?
- Q: Where can I find the best vegan serums?
- Q: Are beeswax skincare products vegan?
- Q: What are good vegan ingredients to look for in a face mask and night creams?
Best Overall Cruelty-Free Anti-Aging Skin Care Formula: LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
When it comes to anti-aging skincare, it really doesn’t get any better than the LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment. Although not marketed as a plant-based product, this formula is completely vegan, and it also happens to be one of the most powerful anti-agers out there.
There are several potent ingredients that contribute to this high-performance blend. Multiple forms of vitamins A and C have been included, along with peptides, ceramides, and vitamin E. Together, they battle fine lines and wrinkles, tighten and smooth the complexion, and fade dark spots. Just like all of the other vegan products on this list, this formula is also loaded with a selection of antioxidant-rich plant extracts that repair aging skin, including shea butter, apple stem cells, and spilanthes acmella extract.
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist-tested – safe for all skin types!
- Deals with fine lines, wrinkles, loose skin, uneven skin tone, and hyperpigmentation
- In addition to helping with skin aging in the long run, this formula also contains micro-fillers that instantly smooth and brighten the skin
- One of the more expensive products on this list (although it’s worth it for a formula that delivers such major results!)
Best Vegan Wrinkle Cream for Hydrating & Collagen-Boosting Results: Caudalie Firming Cashmere Cream
If you’re looking for a skincare line that not only produces plant-based products but is also committed to being as environmentally sustainable as possible, then you’ll love the Caudalie Firming Cashmere Cream. Clinical studies show a 95% improvement in skin firmness after two months of use, with natural collagen production increasing by five times.
These impressive results are all thanks to the powerful cocktail of plant-based ingredients that have been formulated into this oil-free cream. Hyaluronic acid plumps and hydrates, resveratrol improves elasticity [R], and a vegan collagen booster consisting of grape seed oil, grape vine extract, peony root extract, and a few other botanicals gives the skin a younger-looking finish overall.
- Hydrates, firms, and tightens the skin
- Contains ingredients that are clean for both the skin and the environment, with the product’s packaging also being fully recyclable
- Has a rich texture that absorbs quickly
- Contains fragrance, which could irritate sensitive skin
Best Vegan Beauty Product Made From Plant Extracts: The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Age Renewal Face Cream
The term vegan doesn’t mean that a product is completely natural – it just means that the formula doesn’t contain animal byproducts. However, if you’d like to find a moisturizer that’s both vegan as well as primarily natural and organic, turn your attention to The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Age Renewal Face Cream.
This exquisite vegan moisturizer is made up of a long list of high-quality ingredients, and the majority of those are organic plant extracts. From jojoba oil, shea butter, and sesame oil for moisturizing and hydrating purposes, to green tea for its anti-aging polyphenols, to grapefruit peel for its anti-inflammatory properties, we absolutely love how soothing and smoothing this cream is.
- Reduces wrinkles by 55% after 30 days of use
- In addition to smoothing the skin, this cream also has a tightening and brightening effect
- Composed primarily of natural and organic ingredients
- Contain added fragrance and a few essential oils that could lead to irritated skin if you’re prone to sensitivities
Top Plant-Based Moisture Cream With SPF Ingredients: Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer SPF30
Acting as both a lightweight moisturizer and a broad-spectrum sunscreen, the Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer SPF30 makes life so much more convenient. This award-winning, two-in-one formula helps with everything from dry skin to enlarged pores to wrinkles. It can easily be layered under makeup too, making it ideal for daily use.
There are several standout ingredients in this vegan and cruelty-free formula. Kalahari melon provides tons of antioxidants, along with a beautiful fresh scent, while baobab is a nutrient-dense superfood that combats skin aging. At the same time, niacinamide keeps the skin tone even and clear, while hyaluronic acid and aloe vera hydrate skin cells.
- Gluten-free, oil-free, non-comedogenic, and safe for every skin type
- Although it has a pink tint to begin with, this allows it to blend seamlessly into all skin tones
- Contains SPF 30 to protect the skin from sun damage
- The refillable packaging is kinder to the environment
- The added fragrance coupled with the chemical sunscreen agents could lead to irritation in hypersensitive skin
Best Vegan Formula for Fighting Wrinkles & Treating Dark Spots: New Nordic Natural Magic Anti-Ageing Cream
Does the New Nordic Magic Anti-Ageing Cream really work like magic on wrinkles and dark spots? We certainly think so! Designed to be used twice a day, this award-winner will leave your skin looking so much smoother and brighter.
Its anti-aging effects are all thanks to its powerful actives. Pomegranate extract contains powerful antioxidants that tighten and brighten, apricot oil hydrates dry skin, while sea buckthorn has soothing, anti-inflammatory properties [R].
- A rich cream that’s ideal for addressing dry patches
- Helps to hydrate, brighten, and firm the skin
- Its rich texture may be too much for people with oily skin
Best Vegan Skincare for Sensitive Skin: Optimum Retinol Day Cream
Finding a good anti-aging cream for sensitive skin is a challenge in itself, let alone ensuring that it’s a vegan formula to boot. Fortunately, that was only until the Optimum Retinol Day Cream came along.
It contains 0.3% retinyl palmitate – a low concentration of the mildest form of retinol. This enables sensitive, delicate skin to benefit from the anti-aging benefits of vitamin A without having to struggle with the irritating side effects. This formula also provides some other hydrating ingredients, including vitamin E and squalane.
- Delivers the anti-aging benefits of vitamin A in a form that sensitive skin can tolerate
- Helps to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet after 4 weeks of regular use
- People with dry skin find that this cream isn’t moisturizing enough on its own, especially in the winter
Most Affordable Vitamin C Formula for All Skin Types: Garnier Organic Rosy Glow 3in1 Youth Cream
Everyone needs a vitamin C product in their skincare routine, ideally one that doesn’t cost a fortune. Our top choice would be the Garnier Organic Rosy Glow 3in1 Youth Cream.
Loved by the Vegan Society, this moisturizer not only contains vitamin C, but it has also been formulated with rose seed oil, which is a natural source of the vitamin. Together, they brighten and tighten the skin, while argan oil, aloe, and glycerin focus on hydration and moisture.
- This entire skincare line contains organic, cruelty-free products, and is committed to green beauty
- Has a fresh, floral fragrance that’s 100% natural
- Hydrates the skin, addresses wrinkles, and brightens the complexion
- Some people don’t like the pink tint that this product has, finding that it transfers onto clothing
Best Vegan Skin Care Routine Product With Hyaluronic Acid & Antioxidants: Verso Daily Facial Fluid
When it comes to anti-aging skincare, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants are a must, and the Verso Daily Facial Fluid delivers both. This full-fledged vegan formula has a very lightweight texture that quickly absorbs into the skin, leaving a matte finish.
In addition to hyaluronic acid, which hydrates and plumps the skin, plus plant-based antioxidants to combat aging, this cream also contains Retinol 8. This is a highly stable form of retinol that’s eight times more effective, yet less irritating.
- A very lightweight cream that disappears into the skin quickly
- Contains a unique form of vitamin A to address skin aging
- Some people don’t like the scent of this product, but we appreciate that it’s fragrance-free
Best Vegan Cream to Wear Under Makeup: Weleda Evening Primrose Skin Revitalising Day Cream
If you’re looking for a highly moisturizing cream that’ll smooth your skin for makeup application, the Weleda Evening Primrose Skin Revitalising Day Cream would be a good choice. Designed for mature skin, this natural, organic, and vegan formula will leave your face looking radiant.
As you can tell from its name, its main active ingredient is evening primrose oil. This botanical restores the skin barrier while soothing inflammation [R]. This is combined with a long list of other powerful botanicals, including madademia seed, cacao seed, and centella asiatica.
- A very hydrating and soothing formula
- Although rich in texture, it gives the skin a good base for applying makeup
- Some of the essential oils in this formula could leave you with sensitivities and irritated skin
Best Skincare Line for Addressing Excess Oil Production: Dr Botanicals Juniper Berry Oil and Strawberry Day Moisturiser
If you’re looking for a way to hydrate your skin while remaining grease-free, the Dr Botanicals Juniper Berry Oil and Strawberry Day Moisturizer are it. This vegan skincare cream will leave your complexion soft, supple, and shine-free.
There are two main actives in this formula. The first is a strawberry extract, a fruit that’s loaded with vitamins and antioxidants [R]. Juniper berry oil joins it – another superfruit that helps to rebalance sebum production in the skin.
- Very hydrating but lightweight with a matte finish
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Hydrates the skin while rebalancing and resurfacing it
- People with very dehydrated skin and dry patches find that this product isn’t moisturizing enough
Q: Which natural product is best for anti-aging?
A natural serum or cream would be the best product for anti-aging.
Q: Who has the best anti-aging skincare line?
We think that LifeCell is one of the best anti-aging skincare lines, but there are so many fantastic brands out there.
Q: Is vegan skincare better for your skin?
Vegan skincare in general isn’t better or worse for your skin – it all depends on the ingredients that different products contain.
Q: How can I get anti-aging naturally?
Natural skincare products, combined with a healthy lifestyle, will help you to naturally fight the aging process.
Q: How can I stop aging so fast?
Following a good anti-aging skincare routine and living a healthy lifestyle will go a long way in helping you to stop aging so quickly.
Q: What are the benefits of using vegan products?
The main benefit of using vegan products is that no animals were directly harmed in order to obtain the ingredients used in those products.
Q: Are vegan products good for your skin?
Yes, vegan products can be great for your skin, so long as they contain effective ingredients.
Q: How do I start a whole skin care routine?
To start a whole skin care routine, begin with the three basics – a cleanser, a moisturizer, and SPF. You can then add in extras, such as toner, face masks, serums, and more.
Q: What is the number 1 dermatologist-recommended skin care brand?
There are so many dermatologist-recommended brands out there – the best ones would all depend on your skin type and skin concerns. That said, you’ll find some great brands on this page!
Q: At what age should you start using anti-aging cream?
Ideally, you should start using an anti-aging cream in your mid 20’s.
Q: How do you start an anti-aging routine?
To create an effective anti-aging routine, simply put together a regular skincare routine but make sure that all of the products that you’re using contain proven anti-aging ingredients.
Q: What is a good vegan body care set?
A good vegan body care set will contain nourishing plant oils and butter, such as shea butter and cocoa butter.
Q: What is a good vegan skin care set?
Many of the brands that we’ve featured on this page offer good vegan skincare sets.
Q: What are the best vegan skincare brands?
You’ll find the best vegan skincare brands right here on this page!
Q: Where can I find the best vegan serums?
Browse our website to find recommendations for the best vegan and cruelty-free products, including serums.
Q: Are beeswax skincare products vegan?
No, since beeswax comes from bees, beeswax products aren’t classed as vegan.
Q: What are good vegan ingredients to look for in a face mask and night creams?
Good vegan ingredients to keep an eye out for when shopping for skincare products are vitamins, synthetic hyaluronic acid, peptides, and plant extracts.
Hopefully, we’ve now helped to clear up any confusion that you’ve had about vegan skincare. These 10 products really are among the best of the vegan formulas available, making them well worth trying if you’re looking for a way to enhance your anti-aging skincare routine.