Back in the day, neck wrinkles were an issue that most people only faced once they were in the later years of their lives. However, with modern times comes modern-day skin concerns, one of which is tech neck. Now, not only does the neck have to cope with the daily wear and tear that comes from twisting and turning hundreds of times a day, but it also has to deal with spending hours of each day hunched and folded over while the head that sits above it remains fixated on an electronic device.
The result of this is that people are now experiencing neck lines and wrinkles at a much earlier age, with this soon followed by loose skin, sagging, and a crepey appearance. This makes it more critical than ever to ensure that your skincare routine contains an effective neck cream, one that will keep your neck looking firm, smooth, and youthful.
Sadly, there are many ineffective products out there, so, if you want to make sure that you’re spending your hard-earned cash on a neck cream that will actually work, take your pick from one of the 11 products featured below.
|Editor's Choice||#2nd Best Choice||#3rd Best Choice|
LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
#2nd Best Choice
Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum
#3rd Best Choice
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Best Neck Firming Cream for Tightening Sagging Skin & Erasing Fine Lines: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
- Best Neck Treatment With Natural Ingredients & Antioxidants for Mature Skin: Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum
- Best Drugstore Cream for Neck Lifting & Anti-Aging Effects: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Top-Rated Moisturizer for Treating Turkey Neck & Tech Neck: StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
- Our Favorite SPF Product for Hydration & Skin Firming Results: RoC Multi Correxion 5-in-1 Neck & Face Cream with SPF 30
- Best Anti-Wrinkle Neck Cream That Also Treats Discoloration: Alastin Restorative Neck Complex Bestseller Cream
- Best Decolletage Wrinkle Cream for Boosting Collagen Production: SkinCeuticals Tripeptide-R Neck Repair Cream
- Best Lotion for Neck Wrinkles: SkinMedica Neck Correct Cream
- Best Chest Cream for Wrinkles & Dark Spots: Revision Skincare Nectifirm
- Top Dermatologist Recommended Formula for Use on the Neck, Chin, Jawline, and Chest: Murad Rejuvenating Lift for Neck and Decollete
- Best Neck Cream for Aging Skin That’s Loose & Crepey: Sente Neck Firming Cream
- Conclusion: Choosing the Best Neck Cream for Your Skin
Best Neck Firming Cream for Tightening Sagging Skin & Erasing Fine Lines: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
Although it hasn’t been designed specifically for the neck, the LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment is super-effective wherever it’s applied, whether this may be the face, neck, or chest. This formula boasts a lightweight texture that’s free of harmful ingredients, making it suitable for all skin types.
What it does contain is a long list of vitamins, peptides, and antioxidant-rich plant extracts, including apple stem cell extract and shea butter, all of which work together to tighten loose and crepey skin over time. Even better, this product offers up instant results too – thanks to its micro-fillers and its use of light-reflecting micro-technology, it’ll smooth away fine lines and wrinkles on your neck pretty much immediately.
- Contains an impressively large combination of the best anti-aging vitamins, peptides, and botanicals available
- A lightweight formula that can be easily worn underneath makeup
- Offers both immediate and long-term results
- Isn’t designed specifically for the neck. However, it is designed for delicate skin, which includes the neck, face, and chest
Best Neck Treatment With Natural Ingredients & Antioxidants for Mature Skin: Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum
While all of the best neck tightening creams will contain a few natural ingredients, the Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum is stuffed full of them, along with a novel tripeptide that works wonders on aging skin. The benefit of a serum is that it can be used underneath neck creams, treating your neck to a double dose of love.
And love is exactly what you’ll feel after giving this silky serum a try. Not only will it leave your neck area looking instantly tighter, but the brand’s clinical studies show that this formula can effectively tone up the skin and improve skin firmness after 12 weeks of regular use.
- Contains powerful plant extracts, peptides, and polysaccharides to lift and tighten the skin
- Comes with a roller applicator, which helps contour the neck area to boost results
- Some people find that the serum tends to flake off when used underneath a cream unless they wait for it to fully dry before applying their neck cream
Best Drugstore Cream for Neck Lifting & Anti-Aging Effects: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
Take a look at the beauty products on your local drugstore’s shelves, and you’ll notice an abundance of facial creams, but very few neck creams. Fortunately, the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream acts as both.
This is another moisturizer cream with both immediate and long-term results. As soon as you apply the cream, you’ll notice that your skin takes on a plumper and more lifted look, largely due to the hydrating benefits of glycerin and sodium hyaluronate . The latter is the salt form of hyaluronic acid, one of the most-loved humectants in the industry. Use the cream consistently and you’ll notice that skin elasticity and firmness improve over time, thanks to the formula’s amino peptide complex that speeds up collagen production and skin cell turnover.
- Easily available at most drugstores and department stores
- Improves skin moisture levels while reducing the visible signs of aging, with long-term results seen after just 28 days of daily use
- Contains synthetic fragrance, which may irritate sensitive skin
Top-Rated Moisturizer for Treating Turkey Neck & Tech Neck: StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Whether it’s a tech neck caused by your social media addiction or a turkey neck that’s been brought on by the aging process, the StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream is one of the best neck creams to use to tackle those horizontal lines.
This firming neck cream has shown impressive results in the brand’s clinical studies – 90% noticed an improvement in lines and wrinkles, while 92% confirmed that the formula helped to even out their skin tone. This is all down to how this formula contains three patented complexes; the Gravitite-CF Lifting Complex™ to tighten and lift turkey neck, a botanically-derived brightening complex to balance skin tone, and NIA-114™ technology to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Contains patented anti-aging ingredients that you won’t find anywhere else
- Noticeable results are apparent after 8 weeks of regular use
- Contains added fragrance, which smells nice but could trigger sensitivities
Our Favorite SPF Product for Hydration & Skin Firming Results: RoC Multi Correxion 5-in-1 Neck & Face Cream with SPF 30
It’s common to focus your SPF efforts on your face, leaving your neck to bear the brunt of the sun’s force. Over the years, sun damage accumulates in the skin, resulting in wrinkles, dark spots, a loss of firmness, dryness, and a dull skin tone . That’s where the RoC 5-in-1 Neck & Face Cream With SPF 30 comes in – it’ll help with all of those issues while also protecting your skin from further sun damage.
In addition to its broad-spectrum SPF 30, this moisturizer features the brand’s patented Hexyl-R Complex™ technology, along with extracts from blackberry and dill, all of which produce an even skin tone, improved skin laxity, and a more youthful appearance overall.
- A non-greasy day cream that absorbs quickly and can be worn under makeup
- Reduces the visible signs of aging while protecting the skin from the sun
- Contains a couple of ingredients that could irritate sensitive skin
Best Anti-Wrinkle Neck Cream That Also Treats Discoloration: Alastin Restorative Neck Complex Bestseller Cream
Some creams are designed to treat texture, while some are created to treat tone, so it’s always good to find a formula that sets both of these issues in its sights. The Alastin Restorative Neck Complex is a product that any board-certified dermatologist would love – not only will it visibly tighten your skin, but it has also been clinically proven to improve both texture and tone.
How? With the use of exclusive TriHex technology, which supports collagen and elastin production to give the skin a firmer, smoother, and more radiant look. Dill extract reinforces this, while several soothing compounds calm redness and irritation to leave the skin feeling happy and healthy.
- Provides significant results in minimizing the visible signs of aging in just four weeks
- An effective way to restore elasticity and even out the complexion
- Some customers find that the pump can be a little frustrating to use. However, Alastin explains how to prime the pump on the brand’s website
Best Decolletage Wrinkle Cream for Boosting Collagen Production: SkinCeuticals Tripeptide-R Neck Repair Cream
All of the creams on this list are great for boosting collagen synthesis, but, in our opinion, the SkinCeuticals Tripeptide-R Neck Repair Cream truly excels at this. This formula contains 0.2% pure retinol, which, according to the brand, is the ideal neck-specific dose for daily use.
You’ll also find a 2.5% tripeptide concentrate in this blend, with peptides playing a huge role in improving skin health. Add to that a 5% glaucine complex, which is an ingredient that comes from the yellow poppy seed plant, and you’ve got a rich cream that’s capable of firming the delicate neck area.
- Contains powerful concentrations of anti-aging ingredients
- Safe to be used on the neck daily
- Due to its retinol content, this targeted neck cream needs to be gradually introduced into your skincare routine so that your skin has time to grow accustomed to the ingredient. Use too much too soon and you could end up experiencing side effects
Best Lotion for Neck Wrinkles: SkinMedica Neck Correct Cream
Although marketed as a cream, the SkinMedica Neck Correct Cream consists of a lightweight, lotion-like formula that quickly absorbs into the skin. This potent blend is powered by an antioxidant complex, containing lemon balm, green microalgae, and shiitake mushroom.
The addition of peptides gives this extra-firming neck cream even more skin tightening benefits, with clinical studies showing that this formula is able to help with fine lines and wrinkles, along with roughness, crepiness, and turkey neck, after just four weeks.
- Contains a high-performance antioxidant blend that’s ideal for the delicate skin on the neck
- Can be used on both the neck and décolleté
- Some customers have experienced allergic reactions after using this cream. To avoid this, make sure that you aren’t allergic to any of the plants used in this formula before applying it to your neck skin
Best Chest Cream for Wrinkles & Dark Spots: Revision Skincare Nectifirm
Wrinkles on the neck and décolleté are bad enough, but these can often be accompanied by discoloration too, which really gives the neck and chest area an older-looking appearance. The Revision Skincare Nectifirm counters both of those issues by treating the skin to industry-leading prebiotic technology.
In simple terms, this means that your skin cells will benefit from eight distinctive peptides that will strengthen your skin’s natural microbiome. This is combined with the power of hardworking antioxidants from lingonberry, red microalgae, and green tea extract, along with the brightening properties of vitamin C in the form of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate.
- Contains a selection of high-performance antioxidants and peptides
- The brand’s clinical studies show that 97% of participants noticed improvements in roughness, texture, and tone after 12 weeks of use
- Contains a small amount of added fragrance, which could potentially aggravate sensitive and fragile skin
Top Dermatologist Recommended Formula for Use on the Neck, Chin, Jawline, and Chest: Murad Rejuvenating Lift for Neck and Decollete
If you’re looking for a neck cream that you can also spread downwards to your chest, as well as upwards to your chin and jawline, then the Murad Rejuvenating Lift for Neck and Décolleté is what you need. With 95% of clinical study participants noticing an improvement in their fine lines and wrinkles after four weeks of use, this science-backed formula can really work wonders.
How? It’s all thanks to its phytoestrogens, which improve elasticity and fortify delicate skin. Retinyl palmitate helps to boost cell turnover while bearberry and licorice root extract are potent brightening ingredients that only the best neck creams contain.
- Tackles fine lines, wrinkles, an uneven texture, and discoloration
- Doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients
- May be too heavy for people with oily skin types
Best Neck Cream for Aging Skin That’s Loose & Crepey: Sente Neck Firming Cream
If loose, crepey skin is your main concern, then you need a firming formula that will not only tighten your skin but will also give it a lift and some volume too. Fortunately, this is exactly what the Sente Neck Firming Cream has been crafted to do.
In addition to vitamin C and caffeine, both of which will brighten, tighten, and perk up your skin, this formula has also been infused with a patented molecule known as heparan sulfate analog. This compound not only fortifies the skin’s natural immune system, enabling it to better defend itself against inflammation (which speeds up the aging process), but it also encourages deeper skin cells to repair themselves, leaving you with a younger-looking finish.
- Helps with crepiness and horizontal lines on the neck
- Can also be used to soothe inflammation and redness
- A lightweight formula that absorbs quickly and easily into the skin
- Some customers with deep neck lines found that this cream didn’t make much of an improvement to their skin
Q: Does neck firming cream actually work?
Yes, neck firming creams actually work, so long as they contain effective anti-aging ingredients.
Q: Can retinol tighten neck skin?
Yes, retinol has the ability to tighten and firm up neck skin.
Q: Do firming creams work on loose skin?
Yes, firming creams can help to improve loose skin.
Q: How do skin tightening creams work?
Skin tightening creams work by boosting your skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin. These protein fibers improve structure and volume beneath the skin, which helps to firm and tighten the surface of the skin.
Q: Are neck creams a waste of money?
Definitely not – so long as the neck cream that you’re buying contains proven ingredients, then this is a product that’s well worth investing in.
Q: Do neck firming creams work?
Just like any skincare product, some neck firming creams work, and others don’t. The key is to pay attention to the ingredients used in that product so that you can make sure that they’re actually effective.
Q: What is the best neck firming cream that really works?
Each of the 11 neck firming creams on this page has been proven to work.
Q: What are the skin benefits of peptides?
Peptides are amino acids that your skin uses to create new proteins, including collagen and elastin. By providing your skin with these building blocks, products containing peptides can help to firm, smooth, and tighten the skin.
Q: Does Dermatologica have good reviews for its anti-aging products?
Yes, the anti-aging products from Dermalogica tend to be very highly rated.
Conclusion: Choosing the Best Neck Cream for Your Skin
While there’s nothing wrong with using your facial skincare products on your neck, there’s also no denying how beneficial it can be to have a separate neck cream. This way, you’ll have a formula that’s designed specifically for this delicate area, along with all of the problems that neck skin experiences. Whether you’re trying to do away with horizontal lines, loose and crepey skin, or discoloration, you’ll no doubt find the best neck cream for your skin right here on this page.
Our #1 Recommendation